Health Blog

Dry Drowning

Catalog Add Comment

A lifesaving social media message was recently released and shared over 96,000 times on “dry drowning” A mom wrote about her four-year-old daughter who had a dry drowning accident that led her to the hospital days after the incident occurred. This was caused by a pool noodle where her daughter inhaled water and immediately began choking. Although the choking stopped, she developed a fever and became fatigue days following. The water inhaled led to an infection in her chest caused by pool chemicals. The girl is okay and now home. Always be attentive to your children when they are swimming.

This article was originally published by the Sun Sentinel. To read more responses from South Florida 100 participants, please visit: